Friday, April 4, 2008

Portal: Flash Edition



The first time I played Portal: Flash Edition, I had never seen the original game. I worked through most of the puzzles in the flash edition, then things took me away from it.

Eventually I played through the original game "Portal" on my Xbox 360. That game was amazing. Somewhat because of the new game play mechanic it introduced, but also because of the storyline that drew you in but never, ever got in the way of the game play.


So last night, I'm looking through badges to complete, and I notice that I never finished the Portal: Flash Edition game.


I have to say, while the game drops the well-done storytelling of the 3D version, it absolutely nails the puzzles.


It turns out, if you take the story away from Portal, take away the adventure parts, even take away the 3D, and boil it down to just the puzzles... you get really, really fun game play.


I'm glad that the original had such a good story, but this flash version proves that the game play itself was worthwhile.


So, I got a few levels closer to the "Deceptive Dessert" badge last night, but then the baby had to be washed, fed, changed, and put to sleep.


2 comments:

twiddyfam said...

Sorry, I deleted the message because I said. Hi, (real name). I didn't know if that was okay...sorry, SO I'll try again...
HI, Measure! -ST

Measure said...

Thanks for dropping by. You can use my real name if you want. But by all means, try kongregate. It's awesome.